Monday, October 13, 2008

God Really Is Amazing!

I was saved 3 years ago, and have had an extremely rocky trip from then to now. I am really starting to understand though how amazing God is -- when I LET him be!!!

I didn't grow up in the church. I went a few times throughout the year, but it wasn't ever anything that did anything to me...at least not at that point in time. The seeds were being planted, and it just took a long time for them to start sprouting. And then after they sprouted, it took a long time for them to grow...but, they are finally starting to grow and I see now why it is such a good thing!

You see, like I said in the beginning, things have been rocky...being a christian definitely has not been easy. I have been tested by Satan left and right, forward and back...and I hated it, like I should! The thing is that I didn't know how to respond to those tests, temptations, whatever you want to call them. I am slowly figuring it out though...and the effects are truly amazing!!!

Without getting into specifics...Satan threw one of the biggest tests at me throughout the last month; and because I have been getting closer to God and His word and because I listened to Him when He was telling me to do what I considered hard, not only did I get through that very difficult time, but good is now coming from it!

I just want to take this time to thank God for everything that He has done for me, for my family, and for what He is planning on doing in the future! He really does love us and He really does want the best for us! He has proven it to me over and over and over again! I have just been so blind that until I took a step back and looked at everything that He has done for me, I never saw it! I, like many others out there, want things in MY time and the way that I planned it...but, God has a plan for me. I keep trying to control things though, and in doing so...God has to do what He can to get me back on track for what He has planned for me! I just have to realize, and then KEEP realizing, that if I just give it all to Him now, things will go a LOT more smoothly and my life will be even more blessed than it already is!

I am not saying that things will never go wrong or life will be great from here on out. No way...I wish though! But, I can do what I can to prepare for those battles...I have to "put on the full armor of God so that [I] can take [my] stand against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:11 So, for now I plan on getting even closer to God by digging deeper into His word and by trying harder to "pray without ceasing." 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Kristi

No comments: